Tuesday, May 03, 2005

half of the time we're gone and we don't know where

Well, the BAD news is that I did not get the Bryce Canyon job. I guess someone else had more experience 'supervising crews' and doing 'weed abatement' than i. This is a distinct possibility since i have a lot less experience with that than i do with vegetation mapping. But i can still pretty much guarantee i would do a better job than whoever they hired. Things have been pretty up and down here. April was such a good month, that the aftermath is kind of a bummer, almost a hangover of sorts. I don't much like being turned down (who does) but i applied for a lot of jobs. Then again, its always the one you have your hopes on that falls through, or so it seems.

The GOOD news is that next week I am going on an 8 day trip. I am flying to Washinton and from there me and my good friend Julie B will go explore Montana and Idaho. Hopefully we will make it to Glacier National Park, and who knows where else! I am very excited for this trip, it will rule.

The WEIRD news is that the rainy season is not ending when it normally does. We may get at least an inch of rain before the middle of next week, which means we could very well be looking at the wettest year on record. (as it stands it is still the wettest year in over 100 years.)

No comments: