Friday, August 05, 2005

A turning point...

So, after the bad luck of june and mediocre luck of july, things are turning around. It really looks like August will be awesome.

good things:

-my new car. a crazy convergence of circumstances lead to me getting a brand new car for less than we paid for my old one, even though it is 4*4 and souped up quite a bit

-my job situation here. I was rather unhappy with it last month. However, it has gotten much better. If i choose to stay here, i will probably have funding for another year, and should be bumped back into being an 'official' NPS employee. I may even get a step increase (raise).

-new job prospects... today i got randomly called for an interview with a GS-9 job in the Angeles forest. (i am currently GS-7 and GS-9 is quite hard to get, especially without grad school). In addition, i may be interviewed for a job at Glacier National Park

-I went to a vegetation mapping conference where i met someone from our dorms freshman year of college who i have not seen in many years; it was neat. Also, i met a new girl who seems quite cool and hopefully will call or e mail me to go hiking some time in the next few weeks.

-My friends continue to be awesome. My friends and family are the reason i didnt go crazy when i am sad, and of course they are still around now. Judy will leave in a few weeks which will make me sad; but at about the time she leaves, Dave will be moving into town. Julie B is in town this weekend and in two weeks she is flying down to LA to take a road trip with me, possibly to northern Arizona or Utah, but possibly somewhere else... who knows?

Anyway, stuff is much better now... and has the potential to get even more amazing.

No comments: