Thursday, January 11, 2007

My Trip to Chicago, Madison, Milwaukee

The following pictures, in roughly reverse chronological order, are of my 5 day trip to Madison, Chicago, and Milwaukee. I mostly hung out with my friend Julie C, and also spent a night with my friend Dan in chicago. It was a great trip... it was cold, but still well above average for the area this time of year. It even rained a bit! We went out to various bars and pubs (including the Milwaukee Spy Bar), toured two breweries, ran around in Chicago, went on a hike, and just caught up in general, since I hadn't talked to Julie in a long time.

I have to say... although LA has Chicago beat on natural surroundings (Malibu Hills, the San Gabriel Mountains, the beach, the desert), Chicago itself is a far more impressive looking city.. much more active at its core, beautiful at sunset, and in this case true to its nickname... it was rather windy and cold. Milwaukee is a bit more laid back (as some would say, it 'has many problems', but we didn't encounter them while we were there.) Madison is a nice college town with a neat downtown area full of places to drink beer and congregate.. the lakes and campus are also very nice. Posted by Picasa

No comments: