Monday, September 19, 2005

it is raining!

it is raining outside now..

nothing major so far,
but there has also been lightning.
It is wet enough to smell good, at least.
summer rain smells different than winter rain. the smell reminds me of colorado or the sierras.. because summer rain is very rare along the California cost.

Today was my first day of work. I was at a conference.. nothing really exciting happened. I probably won't be outside this week. I am learning lots of stuff and hopefully making contacts. I am excited about my new job.

I am also really excited about the fact i can walk to just about anything. I walked to Trader Joes today to buy food... it is a very short walk. I also wandered about in a park. There are so many people on the streets, it just makes me want to wander around more. There are lots of hipsters, and lots of cute girls... unfortunately it doesnt seem that likely that i will get a good excuse to talk to a random cute girl on the street. I will have to work on that.

In any event.. things are good. but at the moment, i am just waiting for it to get going.

No comments: